Little League Basketball Rules
1. All games must start on time if at all possible.
2. Games will be played in two 15-minute halves with a running clock. The clock will stop in the last minute of each half.
3. All fouls in the act of shooting will result in one point and the ball being awarded to the offended team. All non-shooting fouls of fewer than five fouls in a half will result in the ball being awarded to the offended team. On the fifth team foul of the half, (with the exception player control fouls) and on each subsequent foul, a point and the ball will be awarded to the offended team. A player control foul will result in the ball being awarded to the offended team.
4. A player who is fouled in the act of shooting, and the shot is successful, will be awarded three points and possession of the ball will be given to the other team. A player who is fouled in the act of shooting a 3 point shot and the shot is successful, will be awarded four points and possession of the ball will be given to the other team.
5. In the last minute of the game, regulation rules will apply, and free throws will be shot.
6. If a team is down by 15 or more points in the last minute of the game, the mercy rule will apply and the clock will run without stopping. Exception:
The one and one rule will go into effect on five fouls.
7. Overtime will be decided by the first team to score one point. No overtime in K-2.
8. Individual fouls will not be kept.
9. A technical foul will result in two points and the ball awarded to the other team.
10. Three 30-second time outs per team per game.
11. Half time will be two minutes.
12. Time between games will consist of five minutes when schedule permits.
13. All other National Federation Rules will apply.
14. Don’t employ a delay game except the last minute of each half, when regular rules apply.
Note: These rules are designed to keep the games moving, but also to discourage excessive fouling by the awarding of points.